Blooming herbs with purple flowers are mesmerizing and eye appealing. There are many uses of herbs in cooking and medicinal purposes. Flowering herbs give a gorgeous look to the home garden.
Let us explain about some purple flowering herbs!
Lavender is an excellent pollinator because it attracts more bees and butterflies. Lavender is a natural pest repellent.
Uses of Lavender
- Lavender is a Mind Relaxant
- Lavender aids in reducing menstrual pain
- Lavender oil helps in hair regrowth.
- Its oil has antiseptic properties.
- Its fragrance is so calming that it aids in dealing with insomnia. Lavender pillow mist or lavender essential oil is best to have for a good sleep.
- Chefs use it as salad, ice cream garnishing.
- Lavender helps in blood circulation.
- Chemists use it in soaps, lotions, creams, beverages, candies, and sauces due to its soothing smell.
Rosemary plants can survive with a lack of water. It has needle-like leaves. Rosemary grows up to 4 feet high.
Uses of Rosemary
- It is a natural pest repellent.
- It prevents brain aging.
- Rosemary aids in enhancing memory.
- Florists use fresh rosemary flowers in flower decorations.
Catnip is native to China, Europe, and the Middle east.
Uses of Catnip
- Regulates the digestive system
- It is a cure for cramps and fevers.
- Aids in reducing stress and quality sleep.
- It helps with losing weight.
4. Anise Hyssop
Anise Hyssop grows to the height of 120cm and a width of about 30 cm.
Uses of Anise Hyssop
- Chefs use Anise Hyssop for garnishing salads.
- It helps in enhancing the flavor of desserts, pasta, and soup.
- It is a cure for diarrhea, fever, wounds, and coughs.
Oregano grows to a height of 80 cm.
Uses of Oregano
- It is beneficial in many illnesses due to its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- It prevents cancer progression.
- It helps in improving oral health.
- It is mostly used in foods like pasta and pizza.
- It aids in maintaining bone structure.
Spearmint is also called common mint. This turkey native herb grows to 100cm.
Uses of Spearmint
- It is added to toothpaste and mouthwash because it gives a cooling sensation.
- It contains lots of antioxidants, vitamins, and other nutrients.
- It is used in making the mint sauce and sprinkles on the salads.
- It helps ease the sore throat, toothache, cramps, headache, indigestion, and gas.
Chives is native to North America, Asia, and Europe.
Uses of Chives
- It helps in mood enhancement.
- They have an onion-like taste that’s why chefs use them in salads and soups.
People from all parts of the world are well-known to sage.
Uses of Sage
- It reduces menopause symptoms.
- Sage supports memory and brain functions.
- American, middle eastern, and European Chefs use sage in teas and meats.
- It improves oral health.
It blooms in the spring season
Uses of Tulips
- The best onion replacement.
- Florists use it in general decorations and bridal bouquets.
Thyme has greyish leaves.
Uses of Thyme
- It provides an aroma.
- It provides prevention against cancer.
So, here is the list of the top 10 herbs with purple flowers. Enjoy soups with rosemary and calm your mind with lavender!